The National Science Foundation Science, Technology and Society Program is currently seeking a Program Director. Duties include:
– Allocating program resources to maintain a balance of support to meet the field’s needs;
– Assessing trends and opportunities in the field with assistance of advisory panel;
– Pursuing affirmative action and EEO goals in selection of reviewers, panelists, and grantees;
– Representing the program to the scientific community and the public;
– Facilitating the transfer of funds from other agencies;
– Establishing contacts and maintain active involvement in the program field through participation in meetings and conferences and by undertaking other relevant activities;
– Pursuing a personal scholarly agenda, with results presented at professional meetings and published in academic journals, as workload permits;
– Participating in interagency meetings, coordinating groups, special task groups, staff meetings and site visits;
– Interview and recommend selection of support staff.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. or equivalent experience in a scientific discipline supported by NSF. In addition, applicants must have six or more years of successful research, research administration, and/or managerial experience pertinent to the program of interest. Ideal candidates will also have expertise in the social studies of science, science policy, and/or ethics in science.
Closing Date: 02/29/2012
USAJOBS Link: http://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/308181400
You may also contact Kelly Moore firstname.lastname@example.org or Fred Kronz email@example.com for more information.