RESEARCH DATA ANALYST – UC BERKELEY
The First Review Date for this job is: February 21, 2014
The Research Data Analyst is responsible for designing and implementing data analyses and data simulations for Dr. Ahern’s research projects, in collaboration with Dr. Ahern and co-Investigators. This position involves analyzing, and interpreting analyses of health data, including selecting data samples from statewide health data for California, and analyzing collected information with statistical methods that include standard regression, propensity-score based methods, and substitution estimation methods. This position also involves developing simulations in the programming language R that operationalize a range of research study design and analysis options, and assess the relative performance (in terms of bias and variance) of the design and analysis combinations. Simulations will be developed into an online simulation system. This position will also involve preparation of analysis results for publications, presentations, and proposals.
Plans long-term health research studies, including the preparation of proposals, survey instruments and determination of sampling and statistical procedures.
Implements and interprets analyses of health data, including selecting data samples, and analyzing collected information with statistical methods.
Develops simulations that correspond to a range of study design and analysis options, and assess relative performance (in terms of bias and variance) of the design and analysis combinations, and collaborates on development of an online simulation system.
Prepares analysis results for publications and presentations.
May supervise research analysis of students, support staff and/or lower level analysts.
• Thorough knowledge of research function.
• Advanced skills associated with statistical analysis and systems programming.
• Thorough skills in analysis and consultation.
• Skills to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner both verbally and in writing.
• Research skills at a level to evaluate alternate solutions and develop recommendations.
• Strong quantitative background.
• Advanced knowledge of the R (or S-Plus) programming environments – knowledge of Stata, SAS, and/or ArcGIS (or other GIS software) in addition would be advantageous.
• Experience with web applications and web programming language.
• Analysis experience in the field of epidemiology, or related research field.
• Research experience with statistical methods that include standard regression, propensity-score based methods, and substitution estimation methods.
• Experience with manuscript and proposal writing.
• Must be self-motivated, work independently or part of a team, able to learn quickly, meet deadlines, and demonstrate problem solving skills.
• Master’s or Doctoral Bachelor’s degree in related area, such as statistics, biostatistics, or epidemiology, and/or equivalent experience/training.
Salary & Benefits
Monthly: 4750 – 7050
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: http://atyourservice.ucop.edu/forms_pubs/misc/benefits_of_belonging.pdf
How to Apply http://jobs.universityofcalifornia.edu/?action=search&keywords=&campus=BK&pageID=8
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.