Environmental Social Science Research Assistant – Charleston, SC
Seeking a social science research assistant for a contract position with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) Hollings Marine Laboratory (HML) Oceans and Human Health Branch for work on research projects focused on the human dimensions of coastal environments.
Key Tasks include:
• GIS applications and visual reporting.
• Experience in social science data life-cycle.
• Preparation of presentations and reports.
• Master’s degree in geography, sociology, anthropology. Must have a combination of education and relevant work experience. Job experience equivalent to a Master’s degree is also acceptable.
• Progressively responsible work experience
• Applicants should have a social science background and demonstrate interest in environmental research.
Position Category: Scientific Support/ Marine Sciences
Education Level: Master of Science
Location: Charleston, SC NOAA CHHR/HML Facility (Contractor Position with JHT INC )
For more information, please contact:
Program Manager NOAA NCCOS, JHT, Inc.