Effecting change in a positive way is the core value of a practitioner of sociology. A critical means of enacting this change is to be part of the governance of the Section for Sociological Practice and Public Sociology.
The benefits of serving on the SPPS Council include opportunities to:
- Network with colleagues
- Build a community of sociologists around sociological practice and public sociology
- Become more aware of future job opportunities
- Serve as a source of information about careers within and beyond the academy
- Gain insight into the process of proposing sessions and workshops at annual meeting of the ASA
Interested in running for office?
- See a description of offices, committees and their associated duties [pdf]
- Review a more detailed account of duties and timelines in the Handbook of Operations [pdf]
- Read our By-Laws [rev. 2012] [pdf]
- Find more general information on section management and operations in the ASA Sections Manual (2006) [pdf]
- Find out more about council business here